The website is brought to you by Triple Take Ltd T/A www.AmbiPrint.co.uk. We believe that it is important to protect your personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way which also maintains your privacy.
This policy explains the reasons for us collecting your data, and outlines the extent to which we will use that data.
- Collecting Information
We may collect personal data about you, including the following:
- From when you agree to take a service or product from us, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, how you will pay for the product or service, and your bank details.
- From when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case this may tell us something about how you use our services.
- From documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register.
- Using Your Personal Information
2.1 Personal data about our customers is in an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes, and shall not keep such personal data longer than it is necessary to fulfil these purposes.
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To help us to identify accounts, services and/or products which you could have from us or selected partners from time to time. We may do this by automatic means using a scoring system, which uses the Personal Data you have supplied and/or any information we hold about you and Personal Data from third party agencies (including credit reference agencies).
- To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, do provide now, or will or may provide in the future.
- To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
- To allow us to contact you in any way (including post, email, telephone, text, or multimedia message) about products and services offered by us and selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to.
- To keep you up to date with offers and deals.
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone calls and emails) for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
- We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
2.3 We may allow other organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
2.3.1 If we are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data that we hold will be transferred to the acquiring party as one of our assets.
2.3.2 If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
2.5 In connection with any transaction which we enter into with you:
2.5.1 We may carry out credit and fraud prevention checks with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We and they may keep a record of this check. Information help about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with which you are financially linked. These records will also be taken into account in credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and payment details of your account will be recorded with one or more of these agencies, and may be shared with other organisations to help make credit and insurance decisions about you and members of the household with which you are financially linked, and for debt collection and fraud prevention. This includes those who have moved house and who have missed payments.
2.5.2 If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other relevant organisations. We, and these other organisations, may use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
- Protecting Information
No information other than the delivery address is stored or entered into our server. All payment and billing details are hosted elsewhere, in secure servers. Personal Information entered into our site by you is completely secure, and cannot be accessed without access to our back end.
- The Internet
- If you communicate with us via the internet, we may occasionally email you about our products, services, and offers. If you do not wish to receive this correspondence, please do let us know at the address outlined below.
- Please remember that communications over the Internet, such as emails and webmails (messages sent through a website) are not secure unless they have been encrypted. You communications may pass through a number of countries before they are delivered – this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
- Further Information
Omnibus Business Centre
39-41 North Road
Or email us at email@example.com.
- If you would like access to the Personal Data that we hold on you, please write or email at the above address. There may be a nominal cost of £10 to cover administrative costs.
- We aim to keep the Personal Data about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete or correct it promptly. Please email us at the above address, or update your account on the website.